So…Um…Hi There… – Daily Dispatch for 11/8/18
So…hello there! It’s been a while since I made one of these, and I have an EXCELLENT reason: I am just mired in my new PC. I know I explained that in a post last week, but just wanted to reiterate it here. Also, the daylight saving time switch ALWAYS screws me up, so I am SO tired you guys. But there’s just too much news to keep contained (I have 91 things saved at the moment), so I at least wanted to throw one of these together. Also, I have a teensy amount of mental energy right now. How are you all doing?
The other night, we have Travis and Howie of Double Damage Games on to talk Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and it was such a fun time. Sadly we had some technical issues, but overall it was a great time.
Now that I have a PC that can run it well, I made a video of SpaceBourne, which has a ton of potential. Really, just so much. It’s just horribly optimized right now.
Star Singularity is such a fun twin-stick open-world shooter thing that I am terrible at, but it’s a really good time.
Okay, so I’ve got so many pieces of news here, I’m gonna go through them all and just give you the big ones, because it’s just an exercise in frustration for all of us otherwise. I mean do you wanna crawl through 90+ links of stuff? Neither do I. So here goes…
- SimpleRockets 2 is out in Steam early access.
- Prosperous Universe is an upcoming economic space MMO I just found out about.
- Parkan: Iron Strategy is out on Steam.
- Sirius Online will be making a comeback.
- Sunless Skies got a massive Survival Update.
- 3030 Deathwar Redux got a massive, massive patch called the Latinum Shipyards Update which adds new ships, content and more.
- Interstellar Space: Genesis now has its pre-alpha 11 unstable version ready for download.
- Star Control: Origins got free Multiverse DLC which allows users to create characters and quests.
- No Man’s Sky has launced its Abyss underwater update, a trailer of which you can see here.
- Landinar: Into the Void will get a big update called the Propulsion Update that changes its whole flight model.
- EVE Online’s next expansion — called Onslaught — will be launching on 11/13.
- Beyond Dark is now changing its name to Outscape.
- Star Traders: Frontiers got a big update that adds more talents for navigators.
- Star Explorers posted a big dev blog showing off its progress, and it’s coming along nicely.
- Stellaris has a new dev diary on megastructures and more.
- Nimbatus has posted their early access roadmap.
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords got a massive update that rescales its fleet system and more.
- Redout: Space Assault has a new pre-alpha trailer which looks fantastic.
- There’s a Blendo Games Complete Collection sale on Steam, which includes Flotilla (but not its recent sequel).
What I’ve Been Playing
- Forza Horizon 3 – You’re likely asking “But why not Forza Horizon 4, Brian?” I figured I’d play the first one available for the PC first, and I tell ya, I am LOVING it. LOVING. Might be the best open-world racer I’ve played. It’s just so fun and organic and I just love the variety of things to do. I seriously can’t stop playing it.
- The Division – Now that I can run this again, I’m back in the thick of it. It might be the most intensive game on my new video card, but man does it look pretty.
- Everspace – Starting a new run on easy on the new rig and MY GOD is it gorgeous.
- Total War: Warhammer II – After getting some sound issues solved, I’m diving back into this glorious thing just in time for its new DLC.
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – Only played a bit of this so far, but the campaign is fun! It’s no Titanfall 2, but it’s good so far!
- Fleet Star V – I’ll be doing a video of this one soon, but it’s surprisingly fun and fast.
That’s it for today folks, I’ll likely do a new one next Tuesday after the holiday and get back on a daily schedule after that, so have a lovely weekend!