Space Rogue recently dropped on Steam — out of nowehere, it felt like — so I of course had to dive in and check it out. Now if y’all know me, you know that FTL gives me wicked anxiety over the killing of my various crewmembers. Interestingly, I think the cartoonish nature of Space Rogue’s graphics prevented me from feeling that same anxiety. Beyond that, it’s VERY similar to FTL in many ways, but it has some elements of its own, such as varied objectives, a more lackadaisical pace since there isn’t a fleet chasing you, planetary mining and so on. This preview dives into many of these gameplay elements to hopefully give you insight as to how the game plays. It’s still early access, so some things still need work (like events can be weird/mean/odd), but I did have a good time with Space Rogue overall. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!