Hey folks, welcome to Wednesday! I am so silly tired today (this month has been bruuuutal), but I love doing these things, so here we go! :) Let’s start with last night’s podcast, which was really fun and different from what I expected. While we did indeed talk about Astrobase Command, we spent a LOT of time on a tangent about the game industry itself. A lot of folks, our guest included, thought that there would be some sort of crash in the video game industry by now, similar to the one in the 1980s. It’s kind of interesting, the knife’s edge we’re walking on, because right now it feels like, even though there’s a lot of crap out there in video gaming, there’s enough great stuff from indies to balance out the banality coming from the AAA publishers. We talked about this, Kickstarter and a lot more. It was a great discussion, and while the MP3 will be up tomorrow, you can listen right now on YouTube.
Speaking of YouTube, today’s videos are pretty great. In Everspace, I’m having a grand old time until I run into some “obvious” mines. Seriously, they weren’t that obvious, but the ship’s AI totally yelled at me about how obvious they were, and it was hilarious.
In today’s episode of Starpoint Gemini Warlords, I get past the tutorial and strike it out on my own, and boy is the ship I choose a weird looking thing. I dig it though, and she gets me through a lot of scrapes, but wow, weird looking. Thank god for “Fire at Will” because I apparently can’t aim for crap, so I let my crew shoot the guns while I fly and manage skills. I’m having a LOT more fun that way.
Tonight I need to record a couple more Icarus videos for next week, because this weekend is so busy I won’t have time to record videos for both that AND StarSmashers, so I have to spread it out as much as I can. That’ll likely be the only gaming I get in tonight unless something comes up. TOMORROW night though is the amaaaazing Drox Operative, and I am super duper excited about that.
Alright, onto news, of which there is a bit!
- The big news of the day is that Take-Two Interactive has acquired Kerbal Space Program. Not sure what that means in regards to the KSP folks who went up to Valve recently, but we’ll find out soon enough I guess.
- Children of the Galaxy have released what might be the shortest patch notes I’ve ever read in my life.
- StellarHub: Space Station Simulator is a neat game I found on Steam Greenlight, which is shockingly still around.
- Endless Space 2 has a long apology letter about stuff they apparently broke in their last patch.
- Infinity: Battlescape has a new update with some lovely space station imagery.
- Finally, OMG guys, M.O.R.E. is still around, and they’ll have…ahem…more updates for us soon! Yay!
Finally, only one sale right now! GOG has an X-COM sale which includes the much-maligned Interceptor.
That’s it for today folks! Have a great one!