Welcome to Thursday, my friends! It’s been such a busy day today, I’m writing this hours after the usual time I set aside for this, and let me tell y’all, my brain is FRAZZLED. Like, gone. I hope I have enough mental stuff up there to survive tonight’s stream of Door Kickers: Action Squad, because DAMN that game is fun. Seriously, it’s a blast, and I can’t wait to try co-op tonight.
In today’s final video of Empyrean Frontier, the game reminds me just who’s the boss (spoiler: it’s neither me NOR Tony). In order to outrun an encroaching enemy armada, I’m pretty much forced into a final confrontation with a pirate stronghold. Can you guess how it goes? I bet you can. This game is great, seriously, I’m just AWFUL at it.
The older I get, the more difficult it is for me to be surprised. What a delight it is, therefore, to be surprised by such a joyful game with such a simple premise. ADIOS Amigos has you (and up to three friends, locally) controlling a spaceship trying to jump to your new home. To do this, along the way you need to collect star point things and fuel, along with not dying. While there are no weapons in there game, there are all manner of ways to die, such as being flung away from your capsule into empty space or running out of fuel, both of which happened in this video. Even though the game has realistic physics and such, it’s tweaked superbly so as to be accessible. If only orbital mechanics in Kerbal Space Program or Children of a Dead Earth were this seamless. This is a marvelous game y’all, and you all need to check it out.
- Interstellar Space Genesis has a lovely new dev diary out about their gorgeous colony view.
- Nimbatus will come to Steam early access on 10/3! Yay!
- Starpoint Gemini Warlords added some new languages, namely Japanese, French and Chinese, to its vanilla game and Endpoint DLC.
- Voidship: The Long Journey now has a Steam page from which you can wishlist the thing. :)
- Stellaris has a new dev diary about the galactic market.
- Infinity: Battlescape has a new dev update showing off some new space station shots.
- FAR Colony will have a new update coming out this Sunday, 10/16.
- Humble is doing an encore sale for its Summer Sale. Lots of stuff in there.
What I’ve Been Playing
- ADIOS Amigos – While I did play some to make the video above, I played more besides. This game is just so good and fun.
- Door Kickers: Action Squad – Played a bunch of this last night to level up my Assaulter character a bit in preparation for tonight’s stream. What a fun time, but also very challenging, just like it’s top-down sibling.
That’s it for today folks. I don’t have the mental energy to put the podcast together tonight, so that’ll go up tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, and for reading! See y’all tonight on the stream!