Hey y’all, how’ve you been? Me, I’ve been BUUUSY, which is why it’s been a while since I did one of these. There’s been a good chunka news over the last couple of weeks, so let’s get right to it, shall we? :)
- The Starfarer blog has an article about accidents which talks about stat limits.
- In the world of EVE Online, they just had their FanFest, so a lot of news came out from that, including articles on the mocking of a suicidal player, a release date for the Inferno expansion, a look at gameplay from Dust 514, and blog posts on alliance tournaments, third party development, UK pricing, exploits, and news about their user interface. Whew!
- There’s a new gameplay video from FTL: The Game which looks pretty cool.
- Space Sector has an in-depth interview on Endless Space, which is good as it helped me know what NOT to ask in my own Q&A that I’ll hopefully have up soon. ;)
- There’s a newly released version of Naev that adds new missions, outfits and more.
- The Beyond Beyaan blog has been updated with posts on background music, more overhauls and a successful scripting system.
- According to Steam, there have been updates for Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, Space Pirates and Zombies and SOL: Exodus.
- Vendetta Online has been updated with some fixes to cameras, groups and so on.
- There’s a newly released screenshot of ZigFrak over on Desura.
- There’s a preview of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion over on the blog Matchsticks for my Eyes. I’m still awaiting my press copy. :/
- Space Sim Central has a review of Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn which is pretty good. I hope to have mine up shortly. ;)
- Space Sector is having a contest wherein you can win a copy of Armada 2526 Gold Edition. Head over there and enter for frak sake. ;)
- The Star Conflict website has been updated with new screenshots and some new art for a dreadnought class ship!
- David Braben — you know, one of the co-creators of Elite — has stated that pre-owned games are “killing single player games”. At least according to this article in VG247. Seems a tad reactionary to me, as I only play single player games and there are tons to choose from these days.
- In SLIGHTLY space gamey news, according to The Escapist, some high school kids (!) are striving to make a full-motion Battlestar Galactica Viper simulator! If it looks cool to you, you can kick ‘em a few bucks through Kickstarter, but at this time, they’re more than fully funded. Still, looks pretty cool.
- Finally, in non-gamey news, the awesome (yet hard on the eyes from a design standpoint) Concept Ships Blog has some awesome designs from Thomas Pringle and KaranaK. The KaranaK designs are a particular favorite, though they look like the Star Conflict art above…
That’s it for now folks, Stay tuned for some more original stuff in the coming days. Have an awesome day, and thanks for reading!