Have you ever played FTL and thought to yourself, “I like this, but I wanna see the look on my crew’s face as I lead them to my doom!” Alternatively, have you ever played Oregon Trail and thought, “This is pretty cruel and all, but can we put this in space and make it even MORE cruel?” Well, my friends, your prayers are answered, as Into the Stars is about to hit early access. Into the Stars puts you in the role of Ark 13 as you race across the sector to freedom and safety from the aliens that have all but wiped out humanity. You take this ship (with customized equipment) and your custom-picked crew (with a variety of stats) and survive threats internal (fires, viruses, etc…) and external. It’s a mean, cruel game that is kind of hilarious with what it throws at you, and it forces you to make decisions that could mean life or death for your ship every moment. I play through a couple of rounds, which include fighting, mining, crew management and more, and find a frustratingly fun time. This should definitely satisfy the space sadists in us all. ;)
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!