Welcome, my friends, to a new let’s play series covering Unending Galaxy! Unending Galaxy is a new, 2D top down open space adventure, exploration, economic and combat game made by a former modder of the X series of games. Unending Galaxy attempts to capture the openness, the expansion and the vibrancy of the X games in a more accessible 2D format, so this series will explore whether that works or not. While the free version of the game is very capable, the Deluxe version I’m playing includes a wider range of starting scenarios, so this series will go through a few of those. In this entry, we start with the Lost Fleet, a colonization-focused scenario in which the player helps a newly stranded fleet of Humans settle in their new home galaxy. I chose this scenario to start with as it has a good variety of building, economy, combat and exploration, and we do well too until some pirate activity hampers our early efforts. Thanks for watching this first entry, and stay tuned for more!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.