So this is the first digest I’ve done using this new format without any video to go with it. A video is the centerpiece of this whole thing. It kind of ties the room together, like the rug in The Big Lebowski. Not having one is just SO WEIRD you guys. I use the gist of the day’s video to come up with the titles for these things, but today, no video. What the heck?! Tomorrow there will be a video, as tonight we’re playing Geneshift for our weekly LAN Party, and I cannot WAIT. The developer is testing a new, quick battle royale mode, and it is SO fun. It’s the first battle royale mode in anything I’ve ever played, and it’s super great. I hope y’all will tune in.
And now for the stuff y’all are really here for.
OMG THERE ISN’T ONE TODAY. I am such a slacker sometimes. ;) Actually, truthfully I just get worn down sometimes and need a break. Y’all know how that is.
- Galactic Dominion is unlocking today on Steam in three hours as I write this. There’s also a new dev post about combat mechanics and research.
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw has an hour of gameplay footage on IGN and sixteen minutes on Gamespot.
- EVE Online developer CCP has been acquired by Pearl Abyss, the folks behind Black Desert Online.
- XO has posted its August development update, and it looks like they got a LOT done.
- Interstellar Rift is about to launch into beta! Yay!
- Genesis: Alpha One has a lengthy dev update about what they’ve been working on.
- Spacebourne now has a Discord channel for y’all to visit.
- Elite Dangerous has posted a teensy update, as well as apparently failing its own players by destroying the Gnosis.
- AI War 2, on the other hand, got a pretty big patch.
- Noble Armada: Lost Worlds also got a fairly sizeable patch.
- ADIOS Amigos is a…thing…with space in it that looks…funny…and fun? I think?
None of these today either!
What I’ve Been Playing
- Arms Race – TCWE – With the help of the developer, I got this working on the correct monitor! Finally! It’s fun too. I love political games where you don’t have to physically move armies around and such, and this seems to scratch that itch. But not enough, so I also loaded up…
- Realpolitiks – I’ve never gotten past the tutorial of this, since the last time I tried it crashed. But this time I’m getting further in, so they seemed to have fixed it. I’m really liking this one so far.
That’s it for today y’all! Have a great one, and we’ll see you tonight online for Genestorm!