I am so tired you guys. SO TIRED. Today I got up early to talk to the Landinar: Into the Void folks:
And it went great, but I am SO TIRED. Thankfully I’m working from home today, which mitigates things a bit, but still. My tiredness can’t hold back the excitement that the STARFLIGHT 3 FIG CAMPAIGN IS NOW MOVING FORWARD. Seriously you guys, I am DISGUSTINGLY excited about this. The only thing that would get me as excited, or maybe moreso, would be a Freespace 3 or a TIE Fighter 2, but I’ll take what I can get. Anyway, onto the good stuff…
In today’s entry of Starglider 2, I get stuck in some tunnels trying to find a damned depot. It’s there you get your entire purpose for playing the game: the mission to build a neutron bomb. The folks at the depot tell you what to get, but not where or how, so good luck with that, buttercup. I’m stuck in the tunnels for a while because GEEZ THIS GAME. That should be the subtitle for this entire series. Anyway, it’s not super fun, but it’s kinda fun?
A while back, a clicker/RTS hybrid called Lazy Galaxy came out, and it was actually quite fun. Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story takes place in that same universe, but this time, it’s a horizontal fleet-based roguelike shoot ’em up. Try saying that three times fast. I bet you can’t! Anyway, it’s actually quite fun, fast, violent and really funny. I’m glad to see this universe burgeoning into a series of games rather than just the one-off title. I’m next looking forward to Lazy Galaxy: The Adventure Game or some such. ;)
- Starflight 3 fully launched its Fig campaign, as mentioned earlier.
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock will be celebrating its first anniversary on Twitch this Friday.
- Starcom: Nexus in launching its next closed beta soon, so go sign up!
- Stardock announced it’ll be optimizing Star Control: Origins for the AMD Ryzen chip. Good thing that’s the chip I’m getting in my next PC. ;)
- Reentry added two new dev updates, one on Project Gemini and the other showing off their new flight manuals. Yay manuals!
- Planetes dropped on Steam today, and I hope to get the chance to play it soon. Initial reports indicate it’s SUPER early in development.
- Star Valor got a fairly big patch which balances the game, adds new ship models and more.
Elite Dangerous launched Beyond Chapter 3, update 3.2 today, and many fingers were twirled in mock excitement.
Noble Armada: Lost Worlds — which I am DESPERATE to play — added a teensy patch today.
- Vendetta Online got a patch that fixes numerous things, like the throttle on touchpad devices.
Star Traders: Frontiers has a new patch — again! Do these guys ever sleep? — which adds a new map travel speed and more!
- AI War 2 got a massive patch with a ton of balance and bug fixes.
- EVE Online has Steam deals on a starter bundle and Omega time packages.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour – Not much else really since yesterday.
Holy crap that was a lot of news for one twenty-four hour period. Have a great day y’all!