Tunnel Vision – Daily Dispatch for 8/28/18
I am so tired you guys. SO TIRED. Today I got up early to talk to the Landinar: Into the Void folks:
And it went great, but I am SO TIRED. Thankfully I’m working from home today, which mitigates things a bit, but still. My tiredness can’t hold back the excitement that the STARFLIGHT 3 FIG CAMPAIGN IS NOW MOVING FORWARD. Seriously you guys, I am DISGUSTINGLY excited about this. The only thing that would get me as excited, or maybe moreso, would be a Freespace 3 or a TIE Fighter 2, but I’ll take what I can get. Anyway, onto the good stuff…
In today’s entry of Starglider 2, I get stuck in some tunnels trying to find a damned depot. It’s there you get your entire purpose for playing the game: the mission to build a neutron bomb. The folks at the depot tell you what to get, but not where or how, so good luck with that, buttercup. I’m stuck in the tunnels for a while because GEEZ THIS GAME. That should be the subtitle for this entire series. Anyway, it’s not super fun, but it’s kinda fun?
A while back, a clicker/RTS hybrid called Lazy Galaxy came out, and it was actually quite fun. Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story takes place in that same universe, but this time, it’s a horizontal fleet-based roguelike shoot ’em up. Try saying that three times fast. I bet you can’t! Anyway, it’s actually quite fun, fast, violent and really funny. I’m glad to see this universe burgeoning into a series of games rather than just the one-off title. I’m next looking forward to Lazy Galaxy: The Adventure Game or some such. ;)
- Starflight 3 fully launched its Fig campaign, as mentioned earlier.
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock will be celebrating its first anniversary on Twitch this Friday.
- Starcom: Nexus in launching its next closed beta soon, so go sign up!
- Stardock announced it’ll be optimizing Star Control: Origins for the AMD Ryzen chip. Good thing that’s the chip I’m getting in my next PC. ;)
- Reentry added two new dev updates, one on Project Gemini and the other showing off their new flight manuals. Yay manuals!
- Planetes dropped on Steam today, and I hope to get the chance to play it soon. Initial reports indicate it’s SUPER early in development.
- Star Valor got a fairly big patch which balances the game, adds new ship models and more.
- Elite Dangerous launched Beyond Chapter 3, update 3.2 today, and many fingers were twirled in mock excitement.
- Noble Armada: Lost Worlds — which I am DESPERATE to play — added a teensy patch today.
- Vendetta Online got a patch that fixes numerous things, like the throttle on touchpad devices.
- Star Traders: Frontiers has a new patch — again! Do these guys ever sleep? — which adds a new map travel speed and more!
- AI War 2 got a massive patch with a ton of balance and bug fixes.
- EVE Online has Steam deals on a starter bundle and Omega time packages.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Mario Golf: Advance Tour – Not much else really since yesterday.
Holy crap that was a lot of news for one twenty-four hour period. Have a great day y’all!