OMG I’m so tired you guys. SO TIRED. I for some reason slept like ass last night, so I’m working from home again, which is weird when one is so used to working in an office. As much as I love being home, with all my stuff, my cats and so on, it can be tough focusing on work when YOU’RE SURROUNDED BY ALL YOUR DISTRACTIONS. Could be worse, I guess.
In today’s episode of Starglider 2, I finally have a shopping list for the neutron bomb needed to take out the bad guys, and boy is it a list. Wine, asteroids, fuel, it’s all over the place, and even with a walkthrough, I’ve a tough time finding stuff. Like, for example, to get the wine, you’re supposed to kill space pirates. Fine, I kill some, but IMMEDIATELY their dropped cargo just DISAPPEARS, so what the heckfire is one to do? I dunno. Go tractor beam a thing that looks like a Christmas tree, I guess (seriously, that’s a thing).
Galactic Domination comes out in a week from tomorrow, but I was sent a copy through Curator Connect on Steam. It’s a fast-playing 4X that is fascinating…once you figure out what’s going on. The game…doesn’t explain some things well, so I spend too much time trying to colonize a planet. No lie, like seven or eight minutes trying to do one thing. I’m sorry about that, as it’s likely as little fun for you to watch as it was for me to figure out, but it’s honest, and I hope, if the developer watches it, they learn something from it.
Sunless Skies has a new devblog about combat and a patch to go with it.
- Galactic Dominion has a new devblog about how the campaign was put together.
- Star Traders: Frontiers has a big new patch that adds an expanded black market and revamps the rare goods trade.
War Tech Fighters got a tiny patch that adds long range sensors.
AI War 2 has a pretty big new patch as well.
- Chrono.gg has a Game Changer Charity Sale that includes Everspace for $9.
- Elite Dangerous is on sale on Steam, likely to coincide with their new big patch yesterday.
What I’ve Been Playing
- BloodLust 2: Nemesis – I was a big fan of the original game, BloodLust: Shadowhunter, but it was so janky I had to stop playing because my beloved character got stuck. This new one, even in early access, is FAAAARRR less janky, and so much more fun.
- A Valley Without Wind 2 – Ever since my primary game drive died, I’ve been looking for small games that offer some fun progression though, and this one came to the forefront of my mind the other day, so I returned to it for the first time in eons. It’s quite fun and there is SO MUCH GOING ON, which is likely a very good thing.
A short one for today, but that’s fine by me. I think if I keep these daily, they’ll be manageable. I hope you’re finding them informative, but please let me know if there’s more I could be doing (though not much more, the whole point of this new format is to keep it quick and efficient). ;) Have a great day y’all!