Logistics and Deadlocks – Hailing Frequencies Open for 8/24/17
Hello my friends, and welcome to Thursday! Sorry I didn’t post one of these yesterday, but the day totally got away from me, and when I finally got home, I needed to save my mental energy so that I could play and record some Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, of which I received a key yesterday. I only played one campaign mission (which is a tutorial) and one skirmish, and I had such a good time. SUCH A GOOD TIME. The Black Lab folks seem to have taken what was already a fantastic UI from Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy and made it even BETTER. I mean sure, I had a couple of ships bump, and that was totally my fault, but overall I had a wonderful time moving and shooting. I can’t WAIT to check out the campaign too, as it seems to be a fun mix of story and random resource missions. Overall I am super excited about this, and can’t wait for it to hit 1.0 next week.
Since I didn’t make one of these posts yesterday, you get TWO new Tachyon videos today. In the first video, Jake Logan undertakes an odd mission that goes HORRIBLY awry and finds himself exiled to The Fringe, a lawless sector of space. It doesn’t take long for Jake’s talents and skills to get the attention of two rival factions in The Fringe, and he finds himself pulled toward one of them in a burgeoning civil war. This is such a fun game, so much so that I am SO PEEEVED that I’m still having that joystick issue. It got so bad I had to switch to mouse and keyboard control, which is SO WEIRD you guys. I’m hoping I can get it fixed, otherwise I’ll have to get used to it. New new videos are entries three and four.
Last night, Nicole was out for much of the night, so after recording the Deadlock video, I had several hours of uninterrupted LOGistICAL. It was so great. I’m working on the Hawaii DLC, and just having a blast. I’ve taken to a new strategy of fixing roads and exploring new towns before focusing on solving existing towns. This way I can find all of the industries I need to solve the towns. If you’re not sure what I mean, watch this video I made. ;) Seriously, I didn’t play this game for months because I didn’t have the mental energy needed to plan anything. Now though? It’s all I want to play. It’s just so, so satisfying to slowly solve the map as you move from town to road to town to industry to town. I am really loving it (psst, it’s also on sale at the moment, hint hint). ;)
Tonight on the LAN Party we’ll be playing Ticket to Ride, which I’ve only played against the game’s AI, and it was super cutthroat, so it’ll be fun to see how it plays against people. Will we still be friends afterward? I DUNNO. Should be fun though, and it plays quick, so maybe after a couple of hours I’ll still have some energy left for more LOGistICAL. ;) This weekend will see more LOGistICAL and a return to one of my favorite 4X games ever, Stars! (the exclamation is part of the title). Not sure if I’ll have time for much else. If I do it’ll likely be more co-op and campaigning in Titanfall 2. I WANT to play more Deadlock, of course, but I need to wait on that one. It’ll be tough.
Alright, enough about me, let’s dive into some news!
- Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventures has a newly updated manual! If you’ve not read the manual for this gem of a game, do yourself a favor and check it out. It’s really great.
- Strategy Gamer has their first in a series of articles covering tactics in Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, which I totally plan on reading. There’s also a new battle trailer for the game.
- Avorion has a new dev update talking about their upcoming use of multithreading.
- Beyond Orbit’s first developer’s log entry looks quite a bit at asteroids.
- Explorminate has posted their Dawn of Andromeda review!
- Endless Space 2 has a small patch which seems to fix a lot of little crashes the game was having.
- StarShip Constructor has a patch with new ship hulls and a lot more.
- Star Explorers has a new patch which adds an alarm, among other things.
- Frontier Pilot Simulator has a small dev update talking about drones.
- Legends of Azulgar has an alpha sneak peek video for y’all to gawk at.
- Yargis is putting on a level design contest wherein the winner can win $50!
- Celestial Command has a new patch which smooths out camera control, adds new visual elements and more!
- Galaxy Control has some new levels and more in a new patch.
- NIGHTSTAR: Rogue Wings has a new video showing off their new hangar module.
- Starship Corporation — which I need to revisit soon — added a boatload of new contracts in its latest patch.
- Finally, the Concept Ships blog seems to be getting updates again, such as these ships from Guardians of the Galaxy.
We’re not done though, my friends, as there are some deals!
- The Humble Store is having a big sale which includes deals on Empyrion, Everspace, Planet Nomads and Descent Underground!
- Not sure why, but Elite Dangerous is 33% off on Steam right now.
That’s it for today folks! Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you tonight on the stream!