Hey friends, happy Podcast day! I am super duper very much looking forward to our podcast tonight. Over on the Discord server last week, after our last podcast, user rmtz suggested we talk about why Freespace 2 and TIE Fighter were still unbeaten in terms of space dogfighting. I’ll never shy away from talking about either of those games, so I’m happy to talk about them tonight. I hope you’ll join us in what should be a pretty fun discussion.
Moving on, today is video two in the Flatspace IIk series. I think I chose the mercenary occupation because it’s so mission-focused, and I do love missions. In this second video, I use the money from said missions to get a new hyperdrive, which gives my ship much farther range. I keep planning to do missions to get bigger and better ships once they’re unlocked, and I can’t wait. Heck, I might even get good at combat eventually.
Last night, I had a little time to myself, so I ended up loading up the latest iteration of Starsector. WOW that game has come a long way since I played it last. The combat engine has always been excellent, even when I purchased my copy around six years ago (yeah, it’s been in development a while), but the larger campaign game with the generated universe is AMAZING. Full systems with ships and stations, varied skills, fun missions ALL ON TOP of an already fantastic combat engine. I am DEFINITELY going to find time to play more of this, so keep an eye out for a video soonnnnish. ;) Tonight after the podcast I’ll likely play some more of that plus the newly-updated Titanfall 2.
Now let’s move onto news, for there is a ton of it for just a twenty-four hour period:
- Astrobase Command has launched their Kickstarter campaign, head on over and check it out!
- Starfighter Origins released on Steam!
- The Last Journey came out of nowhere and also dropped on Steam!
- Dawn of Andromeda is slated to come out of early access NEXT WEEK you guys!
- Elite Dangerous got a little patch with a bunch of little fixes.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony got a new planet, new turrets and more!
- Remnants of the Precursors has yet another patch! Love the persistence on these guys.
- Jumpgate’s News Network has an interactive timeline of the history leading up to the “present day” in the game.
- There’s an article on the history of Wing Commander by way of the CIC.
- Master of Orion got a patch that improved turn processing.
- Interstellar Rift got a new dev diary and a new patch as well!
That should do it my friends! See y’all on the podcast tonight!