Hey folks, happy Wednesday! Sorry I didn’t write one of these yesterday, but I did not have the energy. I’m still fairly tired today — these 6 AM podcasts can be murder, and we’re doing another next week, universe help us — but I’ve enough energy to put one of these together, so let’s get to it.
The last two entries of Helium Rain (entries seven and eight) were very eventful! In one, I was asked to visually inspect a massive mining assembly, and in the other, I built my first mining station! This game is so great, and it’s going to be one I continue to play long after the videos are over.
If that’s not enough Helium Rain for ya, yesterday we welcomed back the lead developer of the game to discuss it’s journey through early access, its future, and game development in general. Overall we covered a LOT in an hour, and it was great.
- Fleet Star V has dropped on Steam today, I hope to get some time with it soon. Beyond the Void also dropped, but it’s free, so you can try it out if you’d like.
- Star Control II is the focus of a fantastic article and video over on Ars Technica.
- Stellaris announced its new MegaCorp expansion, which you can wishlist on Steam even though it has no release date as of yet.
- The Away Team got its new Lost Exodus update, which expands the story, exploration and more, which you can see in the patch notes.
- Remnant has a new video update showing off command and control of your units.
- Avorion has a news update detailing its upcoming changes to AI, mining and more.
- Reentry has a small video showing off preparing an Apollo cockpit for boosting.
- Infinity: Battlescape has a new dev post up looking back at their first beta weekend.
- Star Dynasties has a dev post up talking about upcoming content, story events and more.
- Starflight Remastered has a post about their new look at alien encounters.
- No Man’s Sky is teasing its Abyss update, which should drop next week.
- Star Explorers has a post about its revamp of enemy ship interiors.
- Stardrop has a Halloween Update which adds new scenes and other stuff.
- Crying Suns has made a lot of updates to its free demo, which y’all should try.
- ADIOS Amigos got its first patch, which fixes a lot of things!
- AS+CEND now has a 2v2 skirmish mode added to its game.
- Nimbatus has a new patch which adds jungle missions and more.
- Executive Assault 2 got a patch which makes a lot of changes.
- Overload got a new patch, which primarily fixes some multiplayer errors.
- ADIOS Amigos is on sale this week at 50% off, so it’s a perfect time to pick it up before we have the developers on the podcast next week! ;)
- Sila Games has both Kerbal Space Program and its expansion on sale.
What I’ve Been Playing
- ADIOS Amigos – Since we’re talking to the devs next week, I figured I should get more time with this game. GOD it’s so charming and fun, and mostly relaxing (until your little avatar gets impaled on some pointy rocks and you have to remote control your ship in to save them before they die and its game over). I think the most I’ve made it so far is six lightyears, which felt like quite an achievement. I just wish its soundtrack was on sale, IT’S SO GOOD. (Edit: OMG IT IS! I just so bought the hell out of it.)
- Cliff Empire – Restarted in this and tried to be more patient with my expansion, and doing a bit better, thank goodness. It’s really an interesting game, can’t wait to get deeper into it.
- Interstellar Rift – This just hit beta recently, and since we’re having the devs on in a few weeks, I figured I’d give this a shot. After going through the lengthy tutorial — which is quite good — I began a solo game joining the mining faction/company. The game’s in-game guide still needs some work (like telling me to buy insurance when I totally can’t afford it), but this thing definitely has potential.
That’s it for today y’all. Have a great one!