Hey y’all, happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend (or in our case here in the U.S., a long holiday weekend)! A lot happened over the long weekend and while I don’t usually post on Sundays, some of this is time sensitive. Therefore, let’s get the week started with a ton of spacey gamey news! Remember, all videos that can be embedded will be after the cut.
- There are some Dominion updates over on Kickstarter, including both a screenshot and video of their planetary shader.
- There’s also a new video showing off station building in Deep Space Settlement that’s pretty cool.
- ScrumbleShip has been updated to version 0.19with a “ton of backend changes” such as allowing development on Macs and so on.
- Predestination has updated its Kickstarter with a small FAQ and a look at planetary customization. There’s also an interview with the developer over on 4xgamer.
- The Blockade Runner site has been updated with screenshots of its recent ship conversions, which look pretty cool.
- Vendetta Online has been upgraded to 1.8.237, which includes enhanced password security, fixes for video options and more.
- Space Sector has two articles regarding StarDrive. First, an interview with the developer, followed by news of pre-orders beginning in early 2013.
- Starfarer has been updated to 0.54a, with new character skills and aptitudes, a redesigned fleet interface and so on.
- VG247 has an interesting interview with David Braben regarding Elite: Dangerous. Their Kickstarter also has some new FAQ entries, as well as a development video…finally.
- There’s a fun AAR of Distant Worlds going on on Broken Forum in which the player is using the Star Trek – Picard Era Mod mod to play the Ferengi. Good stuff.
- There’s a new patch for Star Conflict that updates the matchmaking and changes the battle rewards systems.
- There’s a new website up for the upcoming EVE Online: Retribution expansion showing many of the new features.
- There’s a new patch for Drox Operative which allows buying a temporary ceasefire between warring races, among other things.
- Finally in spacey gamey news, you can now get Miner Wars 2081 on Steam, and if you purchased the game already, you can get a Steam key by logging into your account on the official Miner Wars 2081 site.
In other news, Cliff Harris has a great article on Kickstarter inequality which is totally worth a read. In non-gamey news, the lead dev of Beyond Beyaan has a life update, and there are some lovely Halo 4 ship drawings over on the Concept Ships blog. In bargains, there’s a new Fueling Up bundle over on GamersGate which includes Aeon Command and Space Pirates and Zombies.
Finally, the devs behind the Interstellar Marines: Prologue Kickstarter asked me to promote their campaign, and while it’s not a spacey game, I’m happy to help as much as I can.
That’s it folks. Have a great day, and thanks for visiting!