Hey kids, happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are having a lovely week so far! I’ve got a bunch of fun news for y’all today, so let’s get started!
- Deep Space Settlement - There’s a new video of a turret in action defending itself from invaders. I’ll embed this (and all videos) below the cut.
- Rogue System – Andy Manhood (yes, THAT Andy Manhood) has posted an article about the game on Gamespy, and there’s a new video showing a fighter’s startup sequence!
- EVE Online – Apparently Retribution 1.1.1 will be deployed today. Also, on The Mittani has the story of a 15 billion ISK heist from Adhocracy Incorporated.
- Star Citizen – There’s an interview with Chris Roberts on Rock, Paper Shotgun talking about life after crowdfunding, along with a shot of the cover of GameStar magazine showcasing the game.
- Distant Worlds – Erik Rutins of Matrix popped onto Quarter to Three and shared some Let’s Play videos from Das24680 and Larry Monte showcasing the game, to watch while we wait for the next expansion. ;)
- Strike Suit Zero – Thanks to Grave for letting me know that Born Ready Games is looking for folks to test the game’s mod tools over on Steam.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new version of the game which includes a new Windows client, updated graphics and more. I should play this thing at some point. Their Kickstarter post has even more links.
- Star Trek Online – There’s a new dev blog post about dilithium.
- Endless Space – The official game forums have some info about the next expansion.
- Wing Commander – Jim sent me this link of music from the first game being played by an actual orchestra. It’s pretty awesome.
In related news, there’s a fun DOS Screenshot Challenge which includes some classic space games (the site also has tests for Amiga, Sega Megadrive and the ZX Spectrum). The Concept Ships blog has some great art from Rico Kersten. Finally, the Arcen folks are selling the soundtrack to A Valley Without Wind 2, which is pretty cool.
That’s it for today folks. Thanks for visiting, and have an awesome day!