Out There is a mean and cruel game, and I mean that in the best possible way. Combining elements of some of the most cruel games ever made (FTL and Oregon Trail), they’ve created a fascinatingly compelling game in which every move you make is a meaningful decision. By having to manage resources in order to keep your ship habitable, fueled and running smoothly, you have to juggle risk versus reward and every turn. It’s a very compelling and simple design that, in practice, works wonderfully, and I’ve enjoyed every session up to my character’s untimely demise. Along the way you’ll meet aliens, learn new languages, touch alien cubes and much more. Check out my video to get a sampling of the fun gameplay found here, and thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Podcast #237 - Starmancer 02/20/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week, we'll be talking to the folks behind the currently Kickstarting space station sim, Starmancer.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!