Out There is a mean and cruel game, and I mean that in the best possible way. Combining elements of some of the most cruel games ever made (FTL and Oregon Trail), they’ve created a fascinatingly compelling game in which every move you make is a meaningful decision. By having to manage resources in order to keep your ship habitable, fueled and running smoothly, you have to juggle risk versus reward and every turn. It’s a very compelling and simple design that, in practice, works wonderfully, and I’ve enjoyed every session up to my character’s untimely demise. Along the way you’ll meet aliens, learn new languages, touch alien cubes and much more. Check out my video to get a sampling of the fun gameplay found here, and thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.