Hello my friends, and welcome to Polaris Sector. This new 4X from the folks at Slitherine and SoftWarWare aims to offer challenging AI, an efficient UI and fun writing, and so far it’s succeeding. In this first entry, after going through all the races, I choose the humans for a balanced start, and start colonizing new worlds. In several years I’ve got a bunch of colonies dedicated to agriculture, research and industry, and have met at least one new races. The pirates are a big problem so far, but thankfully they don’t seem to be attacking me too much. Hopefully in the next session I’ll be able to build up enough of a defense to kick them to the curb. So far I’m having a great time, as the UI makes managing the game not only a breeze, but a delight, and the writing and AI make the game both challenging and entertaining. Good stuff so far!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.
- Podcast #253 - DLC (Damn Lacking Content) 07/03/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week on the show, we'll be returning to the topic of DLC.