Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy is the next installment in the Star Hammer universe (which began with Star Hammer: Tactics, which I sadly never got around to playing). In this game, you lead a small naval space fleet reacting to threats both human and alien while protecting our homeworld. In this video, I play through two missions of the branching campaign to give you an idea as to the interface and the gameplay, both of which I like immensely. The game plays out like a board game, and it also reminds me a lot of a couple of old Avalon Hill games called Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire!, in which you could move your units only within a certain area given the time and power allotted. This provides a wonderful set of tension as you have constantly try to predict where the enemy will move during their turn and move your units to keep them in their firing arcs. I’ve been having a great time with the beta of this game, so I hope you enjoy the video. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Podcast #252 - Starfighter: Infinity 06/19/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week, we'll be talking to the developer of the fantastic space MMO, Starfighter: Infinity.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.