Welcome back to Millennia: Altered Destinies my friends! In this entry, I try to fix what I’ve broken with the Piscenes, and in giving them some of their own technology a few hundred years early, I bought them an extra hundred years, but they still have to deal with the clawfish war now. I’m not sure how to solve that particular problem, but I think if I keep handling crises for other systems, I’ll be able to get a weapon back to them that will help them survive. Overall, I love this game. The mix of space and time travel, exploration, puzzle solving and so on really clicks with me. Everything in this game is a puzzle to be solved, and while I hate puzzle games traditionally, putting it in the guise of a spaceship-focused game makes it work for me. I love, love, love this game and you should totally give it a try because you will to. Sadly it’s not available anywhere digitally, but it’s worth tracking down a CD copy as it works wonderfully with DOSBox. Thanks so much for watching this series, my friends, and I’ll see you next week!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.
- Podcast #253 - DLC (Damn Lacking Content) 07/03/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week on the show, we'll be returning to the topic of DLC.