Hello, and welcome to episode 01 of the SGJ Podcast. Join Jim from the Bad Movie Podcast and me as we try to adapt something of a format in order to have some more focus and structure! ;) We talk about some news, some games we’re playing, and our topic for this week, which games that are still worth playing even though their graphics and UI are on the archaic side. We also look at the opposite side of the coin, games that have held up well over the years.
We also have an iTunes page now, as well as our RSS feed! Yay! Thank you for listening, and please find our show notes under the cut. :) Also, since I’m still pretty new to this podcasting thing (it’s old hat to Jim, thankfully), please don’t hesitate to give me constructive criticism on how I can improve my performance either in the comments below or in the forum. :) Hope the length is okay with y’all, but again, new to this stuff, still trying to be efficient. ;) Thanks again! :)
Podcast #01 Show Notes
- Drox Operative Expansion in The Works
- Rogue System and Beyond Beyaan Kickstarters
- Ring Runner Semi-Finalist on The Next Game Boss
- Endless Space Expansion #4 – Virtual Awakening
Space Games We’re Playing
- Brian – TIE Fighter, Kerbal Space Program
- Jim – Wing Commander Prophecy, System Shock 2, Starlancer, Freelancer, TIE Fighter, Independence War 2, Privateer Gemini Gold, Homeworld 2; all over the place with my whole collection this week trying to get everything installed and working again.
What Non-Space Games We’re Playing
- Brian – Teleglitch, Battlezone 2 + Updated Patch
- Jim – System Shock 2 (+ SS Rebirth Mod + SHTUP texture upgrade), As much Mechwarrior Online as I can manage to squeeze in.
Games That Haven’t Aged Well Graphically – Are They Still Worth Playing?
- Rules of Engagement 1/2
- Starflight 1/2
- Sentinel Worlds
- Star Command (1988)
- Star Fleet 1/2
- Wing Commander 1/2
- Space Rogue
Games that have held up well graphically over the years
- X-Wing Alliance
- TIE Fighter
- Wing Commander 3/4
- Homeworld 1/2/Cataclysm
- Freespace 2
- Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates
Other mentioned links: