Oh my god, it is finally Friday! FINALLY! I’ve been looking forward to this long weekend all week. And what a weird week it’s been. So weird that the podcast is late (I’ll be working on that after I’m done with this). I’m really, really looking forward to the weekend for some sleep, some gaming, and tonight, John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl. What are you up to/playing this weekend?
Finally. FINALLY. It’s done. I know Starglider 1 and 2 hold a dear place in some folks’ hearts, but my god, not mine. These games are confusing, frustrating and, a lot of the time, annoying. I can’t deny that, for their day, they’re technical marvels and, had I played them at the time — I’m honestly still surprised I didn’t, given my love of flight sims at the time — I likely would’ve…found them confusing, frustrating, and annoying. Ah well, I don’t regret giving them a try, just geez, give me a bit more instruction if there’s ever a Starglider 3.
So in TIE Fighter, I was stuck on the same mission for a year. Seriously, a whole year. I finally decided to try it on easy level and, with a combination of seriously active power management in order to get the most speed I could get out of my ship, I FINALLY beat it. Sadly I wasn’t recording it (well why would I when I figured I’d just lose again?!). So this video covers the NEXT mission in the campaign, which involves…defending another ship. AGAIN. I am so, SO SO tired of defense missions. Let me go one the god damned offense for once. Since we’re about to get into Missile Boat territory, I might just get my wish, if I remember correctly.
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is FINALLY OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED! YAY! It was so hard holding onto that secret for so long.
- Empyrean Frontier left early access today with a ton of new stuff added to the game. Keep an eye out for my videos next week on it.
- Galactic Dominion has a dev article about their quick play mode.
- Elite Dangerous’ devs took to their forums to announce why we won’t get fleet carriers this year. Likely to have the news buried under all the Star Citizen hoopla (which I won’t even broach because ugh).
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II has been moved back to January, which is fine by me.
- Infinity: Battlescape has a new weekly update with some lovely imagery.
- Empyrean Frontier is also on sale today, to coincide with its exit from early access.
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is on sale on GOG for some reason. Pick it up if you’ve not already.
What I’ve Been Playing
- Yesterday, nothing really, had no time, sadly.
That’s it friends! Have a lovely weekend!