Heeyyyy guuuuuyyssss. Hoooww are ya? I’m swamped my own self, which is why there wasn’t one of these yesterday. I am so sorry. I try to do one Monday through Friday, but some days just get away from me, and yesterday was clearly one of those. I do have new videos though! First off, in Endless Space 2, I restarted a new game without pirates, and am having a far better time. I’m still not 100% sure how the AI will do in the long term, but for now I’m having fun exploring and probing and researching, which are pretty much my favorite parts of any 4X. Vids three and four are the most recent here.
For SuperCluster: Void, I’ve been having a blast KILLING ALL THE PIRATES, meeting new friends and finding all the loots. I’ve also spent a lot of time upgrading my ship. This game is basically hitting all the Starflight notes really well, while still having its own identity. It really is one of the more pleasant surprises of the entire year so far. Again, videos three and four are the new entries.
In terms of other gaming, the last two days have been taken up mainly with Starpoint Gemini Warlords and Deep Sixed. I’m still not fully clicked with the Starpoint Gemini control scheme (I might just stick with the Freelancer-style controls because the turret camera always has me spinning about), but other than that I am having a GREAT time with it. While I plan to start at the beginning of the campaign for my let’s play series, they also have some non-campaign starting setups, so I dove into one of those, and I’ve been having a blast doing missions, building fleets, expanding my base and so on. This one is likely the best in the series.
Deep Sixed is another beast entirely. You’re in charge of a cylindrical ship with five rooms around the ring (each with a cannon that requires its own power) and a central cylinder which houses the reactor, hyperdrive and scanners. This game models multiple systems for each room, and each system can break down, requiring you to fix it before moving on. The game has an in-game manual that helps you solve problems and what not, but what it DOESN’T seem to have is keyboard shortcuts (not that I could find anyway), so hopefully those are added (or made more obvious) in the future. I enjoyed myself with it though, so stay tuned for a Q&A with the developer as soon as I write up the questions.
Tonight I’m REALLY looking forward to streaming Dungeon of the Endless! I’ve never played the game in multiplayer before, but single player is such a challenge I can’t imagine even with multiple party members will we last long. If you’ve not played it, you should look into it, for it is awesome. This weekend, I have a half day on Friday and much of the day to myself on Saturday, so I plan to play a lot of Starpoint Gemini Warlords and Everspace for their reviews next week, as well as a bunch of one-off videos for some smaller games I recently acquired. Also a lot more LOGistICAL and SimCity 4 as well. Not sure about DOOM, I feel really stuck on that one. This isn’t counting Sunday’s Discovery Freelancer stream. ;)
Anyway, news, let’s hit it!
- Everspace left early access a bit…………..early, so I can’t wait to dive in tomorrow!
- Deep Sixed has launched their Kickstarter campaign, go check it out!
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander got a small update on the way to a much larger one later.
- Planet Nomads hit early access on Steam today, so go get it!
- Elite Dangerous has a non-announcement announcement basically saying “Hey, stuff is coming.” I’m not burnt out or anything.
- Galactic Civilization III got such a big update they’re calling it the Ludicrous Update, and it is indeed pretty massive!
- CDF Starfighter VR has received its final update before full release.
- Endless Space 2 got a big patch with loooooots of fixes.
- Stellaris is inviting you to join their multiplayer beta and get a free portrait!
- Infinity: Battlescape has some renderings of their command center in the game.
- Finally, it’s not a space game, but Zombasite (the zombie-focused ARPG made by the same folks behind the amazing Drox Operative) is getting an Orc-focused expansion!
In sales, all I have for you is an Iceberg Interactive sale over on the WinGameStory with lots of spacey goodness.
That’s it for today folks! See ya tonight on the stream!