Hello my friends, and welcome to Friday! FINALLY! This has been a brutal week for me in terms of workload, lack of sleep and general exhaustion. I am super duper hoping to get some extra sleep this weekend, but who knows anymore. Speaking of this weekend, I’ll likely only have time to play Galaxy of Pen and Paper along with Sunday’s Earth and Beyond stream, and heck, that might be on the short side. Just so much to do y’all. So much. If I do get any time to myself, it’ll likely be with Lord of the Rings Online, plus the game I’m now gonna talk about.
So last night was my first time with the deckbuilder card game thing, Star Realms, and I gotta tell y’all…I’m freaking hooked.
I usually don’t take to card/deckbuilding games unless they’re part of a larger component, like the amazing Etherlords games. If you’ve not played those, by the by, they’re amazing fantasy strategy games with card-based combat. Anyway, back to Star Realms. Before the stream I played all for tutorials, which were pretty quick, and then played one game against the AI, which trounced me. I was then hooked, because unlike a lot of card or board games, in which my brain just can’t be bothered to keep track of rules and chits and all that nonsense, Star Realms plays so quickly, so tactically and elegantly that I couldn’t help but be enamored with it. Seriously, I enjoyed every moment I played last night, and now have several multiplayer games going on my phone too!
So let’s talk news before diving into the weekend!
- A new Wing Commander Orchestral Album Kickstarter launched, this time as part of a first phase.
- I’m Titanium dropped on Steam today (thanks Spaz!), and already has a hotfix. Not sure if I’ll be able to play it anytime soon, but we’ll see.
- X Rebirth VR Edition has also dropped on Steam, for those of you fortunate enough with VR gear.
- Stellar Tactics got a movement system upgrade in its latest update.
- Interstellar Rift has a new dev blog talking rescue drones and a tool store, and patch notes to go with it.
- Empyrion – Galactic Survival got a teensy hotfix.
- NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics also got a nice patch as well.
That’s it for today folks! See y’all on Sunday!