Hey everyone, happy Friday! It’s the weekend, and I might actually get to play some games for the first time in over a WEEK. I am going through physical withdrawal, so I NEED to get some gaming in, not only to make the shaking stop, but to put more content on the site. It’s been a CRAZY week! We recorded three podcasts this week, and it was totally, TOTALLY worth all the effort. :) With that said, let’s close the week out with some news. :)
- StarDrive – The beta of the game begins today on Steam!! Go play it! There’s also a launch trailer for your eyes to feast on.
- Star Ciizen – Over on their Facebook page, they have a picture of a Hornet fighter cake they were sent by Systems United Navy. Freaking awesome. There’s also a new fan spotlight article.
- Dominion – There are some new enemy ship renderings which look great.
- Rodina – There’s a new update on showing some tweaks to the procedural planet generation engine that look GORGEOUS.
- Galaxial – There’s a new update showing off a track from the game’s soundtrack for you all to enjoy.
- Beyond Beyaan – On the game’s Kickstarter, there’s a new update talking about Brent’s health and the game’s status.
- EVE Online – There’s a new community spotlight article on traveling in the game and some of its explorers.
- Endless Space – There’s a new G2G vote on choosing between awesome fighter and bomber designs.
- Edge of Space - According to VGN24/7, there’s an open beta of the game this weekend for y’all to try.
That’s it for gamey news, but we’re not done! There are deals today as well. GetGames is having a Strategy Sale, which includes these space games:
Finally, in somewhat related news, over on SolCommand there’s an updated Blackstar ship model for your modeling use.
Oh, wait, you were wondering where the third podcast was, since we only released two this week. Sorry, silly me, I forgot to mention that WE TALKED TO CHRIS ROBERTS YESTERDAY! OMG! That podcast will go up on Monday, so stay tuned, and have an awesome weekend! ;)