Welcome back to X-Com Interceptor my friends! In this entry, I try a few different things to make them game more bearable, the first being actually trying the most recently patched version of the game. In trying version 1.2 of the game (I’d unwittingly been using 1.0 for the previous entries), I go in hoping the joystick controls are better, but find they’re still overtly sensitive and floaty. While I’m able to score a few more hits, I’m still fighting tooth and nail to keep the ship under control. Maybe it’s something one has to get used to, I’m not sure, but it’s fairly maddening. I’m kind of enjoying the strategic aspects of the game despite this. I just wish my wingmen would stop using so many missiles, they’re not free you know folks! Yeeesh. Overall, this game is really chipping away at my patience.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Podcast #252 - Starfighter: Infinity 06/19/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week, we'll be talking to the developer of the fantastic space MMO, Starfighter: Infinity.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.