Welcome, my friends, to Below Kryll, a new community-driven platformer that I am just totally in love with. While I typically prefer games like this with procedural content, the trick here is that many of the hundreds of adventures in the game are crafted by users. I’ve only got maybe 4-5 hours in, but so far I’ve saved villages, listened to music, been a sneaky ninja, rescued people from an evil people cleaners and much more. The variety here is staggering, as is the creativity, and the controls feel so damned solid, and the engine so lovely, that I can see myself playing this one for a very long time. I just wanted to share how awesome it is with y’all. You can even try a web browser version to get a feel for how it plays, and you totally should, as it’s really just an amazingly fun game. Check it out, and thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!