Welcome to Space Empires: Starfury my friends! This game is a single-starship trading and combat game that takes place in the same universe as the Space Empires 4X strategy games. It came out in 2003 to little fanfare, and Freelancer pretty much stole any thunder it likely hoped to have, since it’s likely the better game. Regardless, when this came out, I shoved it aside and barely touched it. I’ve decided to revisit to see if, hey, maybe it’s not so bad. While the game gets off to something of a bumpy start — So. Much. Reading. — it begins to get a groove with missions and some combat. I might actually begin to…I dunno…enjoy myself?!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!