Welcome to Space Empires: Starfury my friends! This game is a single-starship trading and combat game that takes place in the same universe as the Space Empires 4X strategy games. It came out in 2003 to little fanfare, and Freelancer pretty much stole any thunder it likely hoped to have, since it’s likely the better game. Regardless, when this came out, I shoved it aside and barely touched it. I’ve decided to revisit to see if, hey, maybe it’s not so bad. While the game gets off to something of a bumpy start — So. Much. Reading. — it begins to get a groove with missions and some combat. I might actually begin to…I dunno…enjoy myself?!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.