Welcome to 1993’s Protostar: War on the Frontier, my friends! In this game — which was supposed to be Starflight 3 until circumstances forced abandonment of that plan — puts you in the role of an undercover Protostar agent masquerading as a Newfront mercenary. Your primary mission is to unite the four main races of the galaxy against the dastardly Skeech menace. In this first entry, I get my marching orders and find myself in some combat woefully ill-prepared (the controls/UI/radar of this game is bizarre), but I come out victorious, killing one ship and forcing the other to run away like a scared bunny rabbit. I then do some mining and make some new friends! Yay!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!