Welcome to 1993’s Protostar: War on the Frontier, my friends! In this game — which was supposed to be Starflight 3 until circumstances forced abandonment of that plan — puts you in the role of an undercover Protostar agent masquerading as a Newfront mercenary. Your primary mission is to unite the four main races of the galaxy against the dastardly Skeech menace. In this first entry, I get my marching orders and find myself in some combat woefully ill-prepared (the controls/UI/radar of this game is bizarre), but I come out victorious, killing one ship and forcing the other to run away like a scared bunny rabbit. I then do some mining and make some new friends! Yay!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!