While I do love space games, it’s definitely not all I play, so every now and again I wanna go off topic and showcase a non-space game that I really adore. Basically, if I spend time writing or recording a video about non-space game, you can tell I really love it. ;) Since today is a holiday in the US, I wanted to do something a little different. :) Today I wanna talk to you about Cogmind, a fascinating robotic sci-fi roguelike in which you’re a rogue (heh heh) robot that needs to escape the facility you’re trapped in. Your health is the “core” of your robot, and you can surround this with various devices to generate power, help you move (legs, hover units, treads) utility devices and weapons. These not only give your robot varied capabilities, but help protect the core as well. You gain these items by both finding them and taking them off slain enemies. You can also hack terminals and gain allies as you go. It’s a wonderful roguelike that I highly suggest y’all check out.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!