Hey guys, I’m trying to get caught up on my backlog of games, so I started the other day with one I’ve had in my Desura account for quite a while, an interesting shooter called Astralia. I hadn’t played the game before, so I thought it would be a good test to see how approachable it is. After some starting tech issues (I originally streamed this on Twich.tv), I began to gel with the game and have a rip roaring good time. The game is a shooter at its core, but it also gives options like building drones, firing various weapons and such which all require a finite resource you get from destroying ships or harvesting gas pockets. These resources can be used to build more drone fighters, fire more powerful weapons such as rockets or lasers, and repair your ship. It adds a strategic level of resource control that’s not usual in a game like this, and I found myself enjoying it immensely. I hope you will enjoy the video below, and thanks for watching. :)
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!