Hey guys, I’m trying to get caught up on my backlog of games, so I started the other day with one I’ve had in my Desura account for quite a while, an interesting shooter called Astralia. I hadn’t played the game before, so I thought it would be a good test to see how approachable it is. After some starting tech issues (I originally streamed this on Twich.tv), I began to gel with the game and have a rip roaring good time. The game is a shooter at its core, but it also gives options like building drones, firing various weapons and such which all require a finite resource you get from destroying ships or harvesting gas pockets. These resources can be used to build more drone fighters, fire more powerful weapons such as rockets or lasers, and repair your ship. It adds a strategic level of resource control that’s not usual in a game like this, and I found myself enjoying it immensely. I hope you will enjoy the video below, and thanks for watching. :)
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.