Welcome back to Armada 2526 my friends! In this final entry, new races are stumbling over themselves to get technology from me and get into defensive treaties with me. I wasn’t gonna attack them anyway, but sure, I’ll take their moneys. The UNN Pirates attacked a new colony of mine though. I wish I knew where they were so I could kill ’em. Regardless, I had more fun with this than I expected. I theorize that it’s because the exploration and expansion portion of the game was still going, even hundreds of turns in. That’s my favorite part of a 4X game, and one reason I love Distant Worlds so much, so this works for me. Will it work for you? I think if you get it on sale, it will. Will I keep playing it. Unlikely, too many other games to play. It’s not BAD, mind you, it’s just not GREAT either. It’s competent and enjoyable and if that’s all you’re looking for, have at it! Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.