Welcome back to Polaris Sector my friends! This game has gone through several betas since our last preview video, and since it comes out in a week (3/22/16 as I record this), I wanted to return to the pre-release version and play around with it a little before it drops next week, to give you an idea of how it looks, feels and plays. In this entry, I start a new game, check out each of the new races, and choose one who specializes in research (always a favorite). I then begin to scout and colonize as one does in any 4X game, but there are a few extra things to keep in mind in this game, such as fuel, which each ship uses. Running in pausable real-time, I’m able to colonize a few planets and find a GORGEOUS planet surrounded by a swarm of powerful fighters. While that planet has remained denied to me, I was able to colonize a few others. The scalable time speed makes things move quickly between events, and the auto-pausing is really well-implemented. So far I am REALLY enjoying this, and I can’t wait to play more. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander: Armada 06/18/2018 – 06/22/2018 This week we'll play with one of the odd Wing Commander stepchildren, Armada
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.