Hey friends, and welcome to Monday! Sorry I didn’t write one of these on Friday, I was just really swamped and not in the right frame of mind for it. I also didn’t get a lot of gaming in recently, so I didn’t feel like there was much to talk about. Besides the fun-as-hell Section 8: Prejudice stream:
All I really played on Friday and Saturday was some fun times with Space Tyrant, because I didn’t have a ton of time. Saturday we had one of our bi-monthly themed movie day parties, and we hadn’t had one since April, so we had a lot of prep and cleaning to do. It was a really, REALLY fun party, it just left no time for gaming.
So the only other gaming was on Sunday, when I recorded this week’s videos (I always record before the week starts). First up is the amazing 3030 Deathwar Redux! I loved this in its pre-release form, but hadn’t played it in over a year, so I was delighted to see how much had improved in terms of derelict gameplay, controls and much more. I honestly love this game, so I’m so happy to finally see it out of early access. This first entry has my ship impounded and me slowly unveiling some of the story that makes this game move forward. Oh, also a ton of missions. I love missions so much, and this game has a ton of them, so I’m just giddy playing it.
I also made another Space Rangers HD entry. A YouTube user suggested I go to a pirate base and take their special offer, so I did just that (after a mission or two, of course). Their offer is AWESOME. They give me a whole new ship and new ways to make money and rank in their organization, which is pretty awesome! I don’t believe the original game had this pirate gameplay, so this is an awesome bolt-on that the developers of the HD version have added, and it’s made my game better by making me more survivable. Really looking forward to playing more.
Tonight I’m gonna play some Solar Settlers to prep for tomorrow’s podcast with its developer. Really can’t wait. Wednesday night I have to myself, so I might return to LOGistICAL, not sure yet. There’s just so much good stuff to play!!!
Alright, enough about me, let’s dive into news!
- Stable Orbit will be coming out of early access next week, on 9/27! Yay!
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock has a new dev diary talking about armor updates, Cylon AI upgrades and more!
- Space Tyrant is getting an apparently massive update next week called Rise of the Techno Slugs which I can’t wait to see!
- Elite Dangerous will be doing PowerPlay un-pledging for…I don’t even fully get why, but there ya go.
- Limit Theory got a nice new dev update about the game now moving almost entirely to Lua and more!
- Astrobase Command has a nice little alpha teaser to entice y’all to buy in. ;)
- 3030 Deathwar Redux has not one, but two new patches fixing just a bunch of stuff.
- Stellatum got its first patch, which fixes a buncha stuff.
- Avorion got both Chinese and Russian translations!
- Remnants of the Precursors got yet another alpha along with a first look at the ships of the Sakkra.
- Station 21 got the teensiest of little patches.
- Galactic Crew — who is our guest on the podcast next week — has a new patch which adds more music tracks, among other things.
- StarShip Constructor has a new patch that adds a new starmap, new equipment and more!
- The X games have a bunch of stuff happening thanks to this edition of X Universe News, which I just found out about and need to sign up for.
- Foresight got a new patch a while back.
- Gangs of Space adds the ability to make the cursor larger and more in its latest patch.
- No Man’s Sky got a fairly hefty patch with new controls and more.
- Finally, the developer of games like CDF Starfighter made a portfolio site, if y’all wanna go look see.
Finally, in deals, Steam’s Weeklong deals have a few things, but all you need to know is the amazing Drox Operative is on sale. Stellaris is on sale over at Bundle Stars. Finally, GOG is having a huge out of nowhere Big Deal Sale.
That’s it folks! Have a great one!