Hello my friends, and welcome to Podcast Day! I’m excited to talk to the folks behind Space Tyrant, a fast-paced space conquering game with NO diplomacy or non-combat option what so ever. It’s either kill or be killed, and I totally dig that. I played a bunch of the game last night and had a blast. After already completing the two tutorial missions a little while back, I dove into the first mission of the first campaign and had loads of fun. The game is very focused in its design, always pointing you to the next thing you have to do while still giving you plenty of agency in order to make your own decisions. Overall, I had a lovely time playing it, and can’t wait to not only play more but to talk to the folks behind the game.
That was the only gaming I got in last night. Sadly gaming time is tight right now. I’ve been tooling about with Motorstorm RC on the Vita (which is one of the best top-down racing games I have ever played, bar-none), but it’s not the same as being on my PC and really diving into something like LOTRO or LOGistICAL. THANKFULLY, I have much of tomorrow evening to my own self, so I’ll do a little bit of chores, and then I really wanna dive into Titanfall 2‘s new co-op mode that dropped today. I love Titanfall 2 so much, but PvP multiplayer is EXHAUSTING. Co-op, however, should be freaking LOADS of fun. I will totally need to shoot all the things.
Alright, enough about me, on with the news:
- Objects in Space will now be published by 505 Games, and is due out next year! Yay!
- Starway Fleet dropped on Steam early access today! I hope to play it soon, but it might not be for a spell.
- Solar Settlers got a patch with, like, a billion little fixes in it.
- Star Explorers also got a small patch to fix some bugs.
- Stars in Shadow got a fairly sizeable patch with over a dozen additions and many fixes.
- PULSAR: Lost Colony got a massive patch in which enemy crews will now try to board your ship!
- Alliance of the Sacred Suns’ dev blog has been updated with a new post about the game’s economic system.
- Avalon: The Journey Begins’ devs gave a sneak peak of their next update.
That’s it for today folks. See y’all tonight on the podcast!