Build ‘Em then Kill ‘Em – Hailing Frequencies for 10/10/17
Hello my friends, and welcome to Tuesday, or Podcast day! Tonight’s podcast will be looking at the building and shooting game, Cosmoteer (which is awesome and free, by the by). That being the case, I spent a bunch of time with it yesterday, and had just a blast.
It’s a mix of buildy and shooty game that seems really popular lately. I mean we have a ton of these games, and while I can’t complain, I have to be thankful of one thing: Cosmoteer, like so many of these other games, provide an array of pre-build ships so that folks like me who don’t have the patience for building can just dive right in. I really, really appreciate when developers make that happen. I mean developers could be lazy and include no pre-made ships, or very few, so it’s really nice to see they’ve taken the time to use their own creation tools to make ships for folks like me who just don’t have the patience for it anymore. It’s weird, I used to love to build things with Legos, but now the idea of doing so just stresses me out. Just give me the ship to go kill things with. ;)
Besides spending time with Cosmoteer, I also recorded a video of Destination Ares — which will go up later this week, likely tomorrow — and spent time relaxing with some LOGistICAL Hawaii for the first time in weeks. LOGistICAL is the perfect game to load up when you don’t know how much time you’ll have to play because it saves anytime ANYTHING happens, from a delivery to a completion to an upgrade, so that’s like, every minute or so. I’ll likely play more tonight after the Podcast, unless I feel like loading up some Lord of the Rings Online or DOOM. I’m unsure yet. I also have Tank Warfare: Tunisia 1943 in my cart on Steam, so I might buy that and noodle with it. I got Mius-Front ages ago and just hit my head against the UI, but apparently Tank Warfare has a better tutorial and such.
Alright, let’s get onto the news y’all!
- Polaris Sector has a new update about what’s coming up in the Lumens expansion.
- Remnants of the Precursors has some Darlok ships for y’all to gawk at.
- Celestial Command got a big patch that now lets you individual select targets for specific turrets! Neat!
- Slizer Battle Management System got a patch that fixes some nasty bugs.
- Foresight got a sizeable patch that includes numerous fixes.
- Star Fleet Armada Rogue Adventures got a massive, massive patch that fixes too many things for me to mention here.
- Avorion got a pretty sizeable patch as well that adds and fixes numerous things.
That’s it for today folks! See y’all on the podcast tonight!