Conquest: Frontier Wars Coming to GOG!!!

1. Stian says:

Planetary Annihalation looks AWESOME. Even though I’m not good at RTS-games and tend to avoid them, I insta-backed it. The asteroid-bomb sold me.

It does look good! I’m considering whether it falls under the umbrella of coverage for my site. It kinda does, but I’m not 100%.

But screw that dude, CONQUEST. AMAZING game if you’ve not played it.

2. Zeraan says:

Now only if Imperium Galactica I and II will be released on GoG…

Right?! It seems like a natural fit since they have Haegemonia, made by the same folks I believe. Sigh.

3. syndicatedragon says:

I could probably just look all of this up but I though I’d ask your opinion first. Is Conquest a “fast, rushing” type RTS or is it more of a building type RTS? Does it support co-op type skirmishes or is it all PvP? Does it have a campaign?

It’s more of a building type RTS, as you have to maintain supply lines for your fleets in other systems. I believe skirmishes can be set up against AI opponents, yes, and it has a great human-only campaign I believe.

4. Istvan says:

Hmmm. I’m pretty darn sympathetic toward products that suffered a “crippling lack of publicity” (which is how the wikipedia entry describes Conquest) after toiling eight years on a space MMO with a similar problem. And I adore GoG after Brian tuned me in to it.

Can’t seem to find anything clearly stating whether Conquest uses a 2D or 3D gameplay environment. Brian, could you or another past player of Conquest speak to that?