Hey guys and gals, I’m still assembling a massive news post covering most/all of the news of the past few weeks (I’ve got over 120 items to go through), I wanted to share this bit of news straight away. GoG has added one more game to their Wing Commander stable. Unfortunately it’s also the weakest in the series: Wing Commander: Academy. This game is, essentially, the simulator that one would find in the bars in Wing Commander, Wing Commander 2 and Privateer made into a full game. If I recall correctly, the main claim to fame of Academy was the ability to pilot Kilrathi craft for the first time, and it was indeed fun piloting a Dralthi. Regardless, if you’re looking for plot or story, you won’t find it here. What you’ll find is a gauntlet featuring various waves of fighters of increasing difficulty, some missions and a mission editor. If that floats your boat, have at it. :) Enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!