Hey guys and gals, I’m still assembling a massive news post covering most/all of the news of the past few weeks (I’ve got over 120 items to go through), I wanted to share this bit of news straight away. GoG has added one more game to their Wing Commander stable. Unfortunately it’s also the weakest in the series: Wing Commander: Academy. This game is, essentially, the simulator that one would find in the bars in Wing Commander, Wing Commander 2 and Privateer made into a full game. If I recall correctly, the main claim to fame of Academy was the ability to pilot Kilrathi craft for the first time, and it was indeed fun piloting a Dralthi. Regardless, if you’re looking for plot or story, you won’t find it here. What you’ll find is a gauntlet featuring various waves of fighters of increasing difficulty, some missions and a mission editor. If that floats your boat, have at it. :) Enjoy!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.