Spacey Game News and Dealsies 7/5/13: Bring-On-The-Weekend Edition
Helllooooo my friends, and happy Friday! I hope all my fellow Americans had a fun and relaxing Fourth of July holiday yesterday, and for everyone else…er…I hope your Thursday was lovely. ;) There’s a good hunk of newsies and dealsies to go through (and yes, I really talk like that), so let’s get to it!
- Star Trek Online – We’ve been given some new Friday screenshots as well as a new video spotlighting Romulan dreadnaughts. SO PRETTY.
- EVE Online – In news covering the other big spacey MMO game, The Mittani has articles on “how nerds make fireworks” (better known as the Battle of Z9PP-H) as well as two recaps on the odd Battle of Z-99P in which the battle was brought to a halt by a typo? Huh?
- Void of Darkness – We have two videos to gawk at today! First is a video looking at defensive technology, the other looking at exploration. All videos will be embedded below too. :)
- Strike Suit Zero – Over on their official blog, they have word of a new Strike Suit project in the works, as well as survey to get input about it (you can also win a copy of the game and other stuff if you do the survey, so get on it), while their Kickstarter page mentions that their Linix beta is about to be launched.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like their Kickstarter is gonna make it, but they’ve posted a little recap going over all the positive press they’ve gotten, which will help the project regardless, assuredly.
- Drox Operative – New patch, 1.013 Beta, which adds joystick support (OMG MUST TRY WITH A GAMEPAD) as well as a ton of other little fixes. Yay!
- Dominium – There’s a new blog post looking at the history of time in the game.
- Epic Space Game – There’s a new release of the game which adds a new crafting system, station transactions and so on.
- OreSome – Been a while since we had an update on this one, but the dev has a new post talking about how their plans are coming together, which is a good read.
- Predestination – Their June development update has been release with updates on ship combat, exploration and more.
- Horizon – There’s a new gameplay video from the dev team showing off the galaxy map, which will also be embedded below.
- Star Citizen – There’s some new station bar concept art which looks really inviting. Totally reminds me of Privateer. :)
- Worlds Collide – The site now has a forum for y’all to jibber jabber at. ;)
- 90Edges Universe – The dev has written a post detailing the main features of the game such as building, exploring and so on.
- AI War – A new patch out entitled “Hacked To Pieces” which works on hacking and AI improvements.
Wow, that’s a lot for an otherwise slow week. We’re not done yet though, we have deals! Gamefly is having an “Indie-Pendence” sale (ugh, that’s HORRIBLE), but it has some spacey deals, such as:
- Strike Suit Infinity for $3.49
- Strike Suit Zero for $9.99
- Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD for $4.99
That’s it folks, have a fantastic weekend!!