Incoming! New Spacey Gaminess on the Horizon!

1. Moonrogue says:

Wow, that Apollo4x thing looks REALLY cool. And I enjoyed the video on the site. “GAME-BREAKING POWERS AT YOUR COMMAND!”

I wonder if any of these ten thousand new space 4x games are ever going to actually “release”, or if everything is just going to be in early access from now on…

• Moonrogue says:

Although it is a little disconcerting that the Twitter account they promote on the Apollo4x homepage is suspended. Hmmmm.

• I totally understand that concern. We’re kind of learning the social media ropes. Its kind of embarrassing to have defunct Twitter account.

More importantly, I understand all the skepticism surrounding the 4x genre. Especially because they tend to overscope and fail at implementation.

However! This product is in fact legit, and a greenlight vote is free. If the game gets through, you can then have poor Brain bite the bullet and try it out first before you decide further.

I’m a hardcore gamer first and last; I feel as though the Indie community neglects design, depth, and AI, and we’ve (Digi_Ent) built Apollo4x to deal with those two issues first and foremost.

I’m a hardcore gamer first and last; I feel as though (some) of the Indie community neglects design, depth, and AI, and we’ve (Digi_Ent) built Apollo4x to deal with those three issues first and foremost.

Edit: Clarified.

2. Drasta says:

Have you seen “Celestial Command”?
    Also pretty new I think.

Welcome to the comments Drasta! Good find too, I’d not heard about this one! Thanks!! :-)

3. gsilver says:

The guys at Sol Contingency
    are nearing completion of their project, and being a huge fan of Descent, I’m very much looking forward to that. Their unofficial estimate places a release next month.

4. Greg B says:

What about M.O.R.E.! It’s only going to be the best, most immersive Space 4x game since Master of Orion II. Many have tried, but none have quite succeeded until…the game is pre-alpha, but gameplay is looking interesting and amazing. Check it out: http://www.morethegame.com

And if you like what you see and have a few bucks to spare please consider making a donation on their KickStarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447560584/more-of-more
    Along the right side is a list of cool rewards you’ll receive for each funding level you support. I’ve never been this excited about a Space 4x game release since MOO2 in 1996. MOO2 went on to become the Gold Standard for all future Space 4x games. I worthy successor to Master of Orion 2 is in the works. Check it out and decide for yourselves.

Hey Greg, welcome to the comments! While I appreciate your enthusiasm for M.O.R.E. and its second Kickstarter (trust me, I backed the first one, I wanna see it too!), this particular post was focusing on new games I’d not heard of before that I wanted to share with my readers. I’ve, by contrast, spoken of M.O.R.E. quite a bit around here, and it’s been a known quantity for some time. :) I hope that explains why it wasn’t mentioned here. Thanks for reading!

Also man, and I say this with sincerity, you might wanna work on your pitch a bit. It sounds downright…shillish, and folks might not respond well to that. You wanna be a bit more…relaxed, casual, natural with your approach.

• Moonrogue says:

StarDrive 2 is going to smoke M.O.R.E. like a Cuban cigar.