Elite: Dangerous Launch Date Announced as December 16th!

1. Moonrogue says:

39 days to uninstall all other games. I figure after this, SGJ is pretty much done? Cuz there’s nothing left?

2. Istvan says:

I’m hardly looking forward to release – because I’ve been actively flying in the beta for months now! This game is everything I have ever wanted to build into a spaceflight sim product, and it’s way too much fun. The beta has been incredibly polished and high-quality, and although FD’ve been actively implementing features and content throughout, even when I came aboard in Beta 1, it felt like a finished product.

It’s the high-quality gameplay I loved in the 80’s and 90’s with gorgeous modern graphics and MMO modernization. Any spaceflight aficionado not playing this is missing out. It’s been like flying a dream.

3. Andon says:

I’m having trouble feeling like it’s ready for prime time. Beyond, flying trade routes, bounties, and missions the game is pretty sparse on Lore and Gameplay.

4. Kelly says:

Wow, I’m not sure how to feel about this.

I agree with Brian that this seems almost sudden.

Also, I had honestly given up on this after wanting Elite IV for years.

However, everyone at all who has played early versions has commented on how polished and nearly finished it seems, and how fun it is.

Maybe time to get the HOTAS out of the basement…

Yeah, it’s tough. It feels pretty finished, but it feels like they could do even more worldbuilding. Maybe they have internally and we’ve just not seen it yet. I’m hoping 12/16 will be a great day.

• Kelly says:

You’re probably right. So far, everything I’ve seen indicates that Frontier have been exceeding expectations. I don’t think that this will be another Spacebase DF-9.