Hey friends, I am super excited about this new thing I’ll be doing on Fridays, now that I’ve finished Yakuza. I had so much fun over these last several months playing my favorite classic sims that I’m going to make it a weekly thing! Each week, we’ll go through one campaign in one sim until I finish it or get fed up with it. I’m gonna stick to a few things, such as:
I’m updating the rules as follows:
- I’ll play until my fun runs out. I don’t want any sim to outstay its welcome.
- We’ll choose one theater/campaign per sim and stick with that.
- I’ll complete every training mission.
- If my pilot dies I’ll just restart a new one and keep going.
The primary goal is finishing a campaign.
- If I find a game too difficult or annoying I give myself permission to move on.
This way I can focus on the fun of playing the sim, which is the primary goal isn’t it? :)
Now I have plenty of sims in the pipe, and I’m going to play through them in basically chronological order of release.
Here’s the full list, in order:
I’ve decided to have a list of sims I want to spend more time with, and sims I can spend less time with if they’re not that great. These are as follows:
Primary Sims – I’ll play these a longer and a bit more seriously.
F-19 Stealth Fighter– Finished as of 3/24/23, at least for now. Gunship 2000– Finished on 8/4/23!
- Tornado – Current as of 8/25/23.
- 1942: Pacific Air War
- Jane’s Fighters Anthology
- Enemy Engaged
- European Air War
- Falcon 4/BMS
Secondary Sims – I’ll play these more casually.
- F-15 Strike Eagle II
- F-16 Combat Pilot
- A-10 Tank Killer
- Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
- Chuck Yeager’s Air Combat
- F-117a Stealth Fighter 2.0
- Harrier Jump Jet
- Stunt Island
- Falcon Gold
- iF-16/F-16 Fighting Falcon
- Red Baron 3D
- Strike Fighters 2
- IL-2: Great Battles
This is going to be so much fun you guys. I cannot wait to dive into all these classic sims. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I’ll see you in the skies on Friday.