Space Game News 2/4/13: Not That Manic a Monday
Hello, and happy Monday! I hope y’all had a great weekend! Mine was alright, I’m not feeling awesome, and the girlfriend had a fever, so it wasn’t as awesome as it could’ve been, but we did get a lot of West Wing (girlfriend’s first runthrough) and The Wire (my first time through) in. ;) Aaaanyway, you’re not here to read me ramble (and if you are, [insert whichever diety/dieties you believe in here] help you), you’re here for NEWS, so here it is! (Remember, videos will be after the cut.)
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new video talking about large-scale AI in the game to make it more dynamic.
- EVE Online – The CCP folks are doing a mass test on Singularity this Wednesday, and whoever is involved in helping squash the bug they’re looking for will get 2 million skill points.
- StarDrive – There’s a new developer’s update over on Facebook which fixes a lot of small bugs for the latest version of the game, 0.95.
- CLR – The devs of this game wrote me and let me know, among other things, that there’s a Steam Greenlight page for the game with videos and stuff that look pretty cool! There are two videos on this one, which will be below.
- Ring Runner – There’s a new update on Kickstarter about some of their community involvement as well as a sneak peak on the upcoming game update. Yo dawg, we heard you like updates…
- Stars! Nova – Was just informed of this update or remake of Stars!, which looks pretty nifty. Hasn’t been updated in ages, though. :/
- Dominion – There’s a new blog entry about a camera attachment that lets you take pictures anywhere you want in the game.
- Miner Wars 2081 – Wanna see what this game looked like back in 2001 when it was first conceived? Check out the early video. Wow.
- Rogue System - There’s a new update about their upcoming Kickstarter campaign, which should start in a bit more than a week! Yay!
- Lunar Flight – The game’s author posted a new update about the game’s future, including the addition of multiplayer. THAT’LL be fun to watch, at least. ;)
- Edge of Space – There’s a new weekly update over on the game’s forum about how the game is coming along.
- Deep Space Settlement – There’s a new screenshot of a standalone turret, which is SO PRETTY.
- StarStrategy – Remember this one? Well he’s not updated his blog in ages, but you can now download .11 of the game over on SpaceSimCentral’s forums, as well as see some new screenshots and read the changelog on the actual blog.
- Predestination – There’s a new video of planetary colonization and such that looks really awesome. Thanks 4xgamer!
- Freespace 2 – Last but certainly not least, there’s a new version of Freespace Open over on Hard Light Productions for all you awesome folks still playing FS2. ;)
Now, in kinda related news, Chris Roberts interviewed Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games about his Wildman Kickstarter campaign in a new segment on the Star Citizen type entitled “Game Changers”. Finally, the devs of the space 4x board game Hegemonic asked me to promote the final hours of their Kickstarter campaign, so here we are. ;)
That’s it for today folks! Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day!