Conquest: Frontier Wars Coming to GOG!!!

Conquest - Frontier Wars Cover

This Will Be Coming to GOG! YAY!

Hey y’all, I just got an email from the folks behind the sadly-unsuccessful Conquest 2 Kickstarter campaign promoting the recently launched Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter, starting with the following:

Hey gang, we are busy getting Conquest ready for Good old games, or GOG.com…

HOLY CRAP! YAY!!! That is a day one purchase for me, easily. No word on when this will be arriving on GOG yet, but I’ll keep y’all posted.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)

flattr this!

Comments

1. Stian says

Planetary Annihalation looks AWESOME. Even though I'm not good at RTS-games and tend to avoid them, I insta-backed it. The asteroid-bomb sold me.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
    • Brian RubinBrian Rubin says

It does look good! I'm considering whether it falls under the umbrella of coverage for my site. It kinda does, but I'm not 100%.

But screw that dude, CONQUEST. AMAZING game if you've not played it.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
    • Brian RubinBrian Rubin says

Right?! It seems like a natural fit since they have Haegemonia, made by the same folks I believe. Sigh.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  2. syndicatedragon says

I could probably just look all of this up but I though I'd ask your opinion first. Is Conquest a "fast, rushing" type RTS or is it more of a building type RTS? Does it support co-op type skirmishes or is it all PvP? Does it have a campaign?

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
    • Brian RubinBrian Rubin says

It's more of a building type RTS, as you have to maintain supply lines for your fleets in other systems. I believe skirmishes can be set up against AI opponents, yes, and it has a great human-only campaign I believe.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
  3. IstvanIstvan says

Hmmm. I'm pretty darn sympathetic toward products that suffered a "crippling lack of publicity" (which is how the wikipedia entry describes Conquest) after toiling eight years on a space MMO with a similar problem. And I adore GoG after Brian tuned me in to it.

Can't seem to find anything clearly stating whether Conquest uses a 2D or 3D gameplay environment. Brian, could you or another past player of Conquest speak to that?

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
        • Brian RubinBrian Rubin says

I'll be honest...I enjoyed Conquest waaaay more than Homeworld. Don't let the 2D thing fool ya, some of space gaming's greatest games are solely in 2D.

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)