Welcome to Hardwar my friends! Now before you say, “Wait, Brian, this isn’t a space game!” WELL IT’S CLOSE ENOUGH DAMN YOUR EYES. ;) Seriously though, this has all the elements of other space games like Elite and Privateer, plus it’s just sci-fi ENOUGH that I’m including it. Plus it’s awesome. Anyway, this fantastic 1998 game from The Software Refinery puts us in the role of a Moth pilot in a long-abandoned city on Titan called Misplaced Optimism. Your ultimate goal is to earn enough money to buy your way off-world, but for now, you can start in a variety of professions, including trader, scavenger and bounty hunter. As it seemed a fun, honest profession, I chose the role of scavenger, and searched to and fro for some salvage, even going so far as to follow a wanted pilot, hoping they’d get in a fight. Since that didn’t happen, and no salvage was found, I’m going to try a bounty hunting pilot in the next entry to shake things up a bit. Thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Guns of Icarus Alliance 03/01/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week we'll be returning to the co-op steamship combat game, Guns of Icarus Alliance!