In this video I take a look at The Spatials, a new space station sim from Weird and Wry games. In The Spatials, you’re given command of a new space station, and must complete missions on nearby planets in nearby systems — all randomly generated, mind you — to gain resources for your stations, research points to gain new items and technologies and much more. It has a very Theme Hospital vibe to it, which I liked a lot, and even in this brief look, I had a ton, TON of fun. The missions are a great time, and feed your need to get more stuff for your station. The game also had a wry sense of humor that I really appreciated. Overall, if you like games like Theme Hospital, Space Colony or Startopia, you need to keep an eye on this one.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- Podcast #258 - Chasing the Dragon 08/21/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week we'll be talking about what causes us to keep buying new games in order to chase that dragon.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Friends of DeSoto Meetup - Star Trek: Bridge Crew 08/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM For this event, I've invited fellow fans of the amazing podcast, The Greatest Generation, to join me for some Star Trek: Bridge Crew.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!