In this video I take a look at The Spatials, a new space station sim from Weird and Wry games. In The Spatials, you’re given command of a new space station, and must complete missions on nearby planets in nearby systems — all randomly generated, mind you — to gain resources for your stations, research points to gain new items and technologies and much more. It has a very Theme Hospital vibe to it, which I liked a lot, and even in this brief look, I had a ton, TON of fun. The missions are a great time, and feed your need to get more stuff for your station. The game also had a wry sense of humor that I really appreciated. Overall, if you like games like Theme Hospital, Space Colony or Startopia, you need to keep an eye on this one.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!
- Release: Space Tyrant 02/27/2018 Space Tyrant, the fast-playing "5X" game, is slated for release today!
- Podcast #238 - Elite Grievances 02/27/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM You've heard us talk about it on the show before, but for this one episode, ALL We're gonna talk about is Elite: Dangerous.