Welcome back to Starshatter! As you may recall, in the last episode I kinda skipped training and jumped right into the campaign. With any less serious space sim, that might’ve been fine, but not Starshatter. Oh heck no. Therefore, in this installment, I went back to basic training and went through all the training missions. This not only helped reacquaint myself with the game’s design, controls and so on, but also gives a nice swath of the various types of gameplay one can encounter in this game, from space combat to planetary missions to capital ship combat. After accomplishing these missions and reading the manual (I know, right?), I feel a lot more confident to take on the campaign proper, which will happen in the next episode. Enjoy, and thanks for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider II 08/27/2018 – 08/31/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider II!
- Podcast #259 - Landinar: Into the Void 08/28/2018 at 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM This week we'll talk to the folks behind the space adventure game Landinar: Into the Void!