Welcome to my final entry of this Let’s Play series covering Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy! In this entry, I again stick with one mission, Starboard Sweep, in which I have to defend the starboard side of our shipyard! While the enemy forces start off on the light side, eventually they get reinforced, and it turns into a real slugfest. While I’m down a raider, I do get some help in the form of a second corvette that makes its way into the fight. Thank GAWD I saved up those reinforcement credits, huh? ;) The corvette is really my favorite ship in the game so far. I mean sure, the destroyer and frigate are pretty great, but the corvettes can move fast, fire missiles, repair themselves and can move pretty quickly. This mission was another knock down, drag out fight, and I really loved it. Overall, I’ve been having a fabulous time with Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, and I not only fully intend to keep playing it beyond this (maybe even finish it, which is rare for me, as I rarely finish games), but also recommend it to anyone who enjoys tactical starship combat. It’s got some quirks, to be sure, but overall it’s a very fun and satisfying experience. I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s series, and I thank you for watching!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.