Welcome to Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy! In this new tactical space combat game, you’re put in command of Naval Strike Group 7 just as a new war between humanity and the odd alien race known as the nautilids appears to be rekindled. In this first entry, I take us through the first couple missions of the campaign, which serve as part tutorial, to help get and give a feel for how this tactical game plays out. The options given to prospective admirals here are pretty extensive, from power management to movement orders and everything in between. I really enjoy the WeGo nature of the movement and combat here, it reminds me a lot of the old Avalon Hill games Over the Reich and Achtung Spitfire!, in a very good way. Thanks for watching my first video of this game, and stay tuned for more!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander IV 06/25/2018 – 06/29/2018 It's now time to tackle my favorite of the series, Wing Commander IV.
- Night Off - No Podcast This Week 06/26/2018 Friends, I've got good friends coming into town, so we'll be taking the week off from podcasting.
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 06/28/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM Join us for our monthly sojourn to Pandora in Borderlands 2!
- Game of the Week - Wing Commander Prophecy 07/02/2018 – 07/06/2018 This week, we'll toy with the final in the much-beloved Wing Commander series, Prophecy.
- Podcast #253 - DLC (Damn Lacking Content) 07/03/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This week on the show, we'll be returning to the topic of DLC.