Welcome to the first installment in my Distant Worlds: Universe Let’s Play review series. This series is meant to a journey through a typical, empire-based game from start to finish (whether I win or not) and will hopefully be engaging enough to get folks to try out the game for themselves. If you’re interested instead in learning the game, I suggest DAS24680’s exceptional series, How to Play Distant Worlds, because he’s a far better teacher at the game than I ever could be. ;) In this installment, we take our new empire through its new steps into a larger universe, and prepare to deal with some pirates that have been none-too-friendly to us of late. I hope you enjoy it, and thank you for watching.
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Podcast #237 - Starmancer 02/20/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week, we'll be talking to the folks behind the currently Kickstarting space station sim, Starmancer.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!