Welcome, my friends, to what I feel is one of the seminal games in the entire pantheon of space gaming, 1986’s Starflight by Binary Systems and Electronic Arts. Starflight is a masterfully-created space role playing and adventure game, putting you in charge of a customized ship with a customized crew and tasked with, essentially, saving the universe. In this first entry, I take you through crew creation, ship customization, planetary landing and an alien encounter. Sadly for me the alien encounter doesn’t go so well due to math. This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends, so stay tuned!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Station 21 and Deep Sixed 02/19/2018 – 02/23/2018 This week, we'll try to tackle the newly-released space station sim, Station 21, along with the spaceship breakdown simulator, Deep Sixed.
- Podcast #237 - Starmancer 02/20/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM This week, we'll be talking to the folks behind the currently Kickstarting space station sim, Starmancer.
- LAN Party Thursdays - D&D Lords of Waterdeep 02/22/2018 at 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM For board game night this month, we'll be playing D&D Lords of Waterdeep!
- Monthly MMO Meetup - EVE Online 02/25/2018 at 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM This month, we'll be tooling around in EVE Online!
- Game of the Week - Space Tyrant 02/26/2018 – 03/02/2018 This week, we'll engage in some tyrannical space conquest with Space Tyrant!