Welcome, my friends, to what I feel is one of the seminal games in the entire pantheon of space gaming, 1986’s Starflight by Binary Systems and Electronic Arts. Starflight is a masterfully-created space role playing and adventure game, putting you in charge of a customized ship with a customized crew and tasked with, essentially, saving the universe. In this first entry, I take you through crew creation, ship customization, planetary landing and an alien encounter. Sadly for me the alien encounter doesn’t go so well due to math. This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends, so stay tuned!
Listen to the Latest Podcast!
On the Next Podcast…
- Game of the Week - Star Traders: Frontiers 08/13/2018 – 08/17/2018 This week, we'll tackle the expansive space RPG, Star Traders: Frontiers!
- Podcast #257 - The Blight of the Asset Flip 08/14/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM Tonight we'll discuss how asset flips are helping to ruin Steam (along with Steam's own lack of action toward them).
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/16/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.
- Game of the Week - Starglider 08/20/2018 – 08/24/2018 By request, I'll dive into the classic space flight sim, the Amiga version of Starglider!
- LAN Party Thursdays - Borderlands 2 Month 08/23/2018 at 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM This month, EVERY LAN party will be Borderlands 2, so we can plow through as much of it as possible before Borderlands 3 gets released.